If you are done with your Photoshop designs, and it is time to save your work in a picture or any other format, this beginner’s Photoshop tutorial explains how to save your Photoshop Works as JPEG, PNG, TRANSPARENT, among other formats, as you can see on the dropdown below. It’s a straightforward process and requires no complications. So let’s get into it.
How to Save your work in Photoshop
- Click on the “File” option on the menu bar
- Select “Save As” from the options, or simply click “Shift+Ctrl+S”
- At the “Filename” column, simply type in the name of your work
- Hit the “Save” button and you are done!
The first thing to keep in mind is the format you want to save your work with. This will determine the format to choose on the dropdown.
Click on the “File” option on the menu bar, and select “Save As” from the options, or click “Shift+Ctrl+S.”
At the “Filename” column, type in the name of your work. And at the “Save as type” column, select the format you want to save your work on.
- If you want to save it as an ordinary image, then select the JPEG(*.JPG;*JPEG;*,JPE) option.
- If you want to save the document with the intention of continuing next time, with all your layers intact, then choose the first option, Photoshop(*,PSD;*,PDD;*,PSDT) option.
- If you want to retain the transparent background of the work after saving it as an image, then select the PNG option.
It is crucial to know the right format for your work as it will aid you in making the best choice in choosing the format.
Hit the “Save” button, and you are done! Next, ensure to select the desired folder from the window as all the works saved in a folder can only exist there and not in any other folder.