The National Universities Commission, NUC, has ordered for the resumption of all Tertiary Institution in Nigeria. This entails that all schools nationwide are expected to prepare for resumption. All Universities, State, Federal and Private Institutions are hereby ordered by NUC following a release of fresh directives to all institutions yesterday being 6th January 2021.
As a result of this, all tertiary Institutions including Federal, State, and Private Universities, all polytechnics, and colleges of education, have been directed to reopen for full academic activities from January 18th, 2021. All institutions are mandated to follow the COVID-19 guidelines as suggested by the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) for a safe operation of all school activities.
10 Advice To The Greatest Nigerian Students
Greatest Nigerian Students! Great Gbo Gbo Gbo! Great Gba Gba! Fundamental Kim Kim! Aluta Eeeyia!
These important and effective pieces advice are for every Nigerian Student, prospective students and even graduates.
- Hustle along with your works/business even as you go back to school.
- Hustle more than you school, e get why!
- Do not hope to secure a job with the course you are studying, rather secure a job for yourself while in school.
- It is not a time to while away, but a time to be more calculated.
- Do not ignore learning because it will help you even in your own field of hustle.
- For my Yahoo gentlemen, ride on, but consider investing more than spending.
- If you are looking for where to invest, try Bitcoin and Ethereum, it doesn’t require any deep knowledge like Forex.
- Do not join any cult group, it can only ruin your life and ambition.
- Looking for a skill to learn, try computer skills, and learn more on your own.
- Wahala be like Temple run, e no finish. So, do not run from challenges, face them.
Keep in mind that there is a tendency for an upcoming strike within February as the University lecturers are still clamoring for their salaries and have threatened to embark on an indefinite strike.
The deputy Executive Secretary of NUC writes:
To all University Councellors
Sequel to various inquiries on the full import of the said Circular, I am to confirm and clarify that, while Officers on Grade Level 12 and below remain at home for a period of five weeks, as earlier directed by the Federal Government, schools, including Universities, are to re-open on the 18th of January 2021, consistent with the directives of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) team on COVID-19. Any further developments will be communicated to Universities, accordingly.
I am to, however, remind Universities to safeguard lives by strictly adhering to the extant safety protocols and the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) guidelines, which have been communicated severally to the Nigerian University System vide NUC’s circulars.
I am to add that, universities, on the resumption of academic activities, must under no circumstance, violate the full cycle of the semester system, consistent with the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC), as well as other extant quality assurance standards and guidelines.
Please accept the renewed assurances of the Executive Secretary’s highest regards and best wishes.
Chris J. Maiyaki
Deputy Executive Secretary (Administration)