Hubby Out There!
Dear Future Hubby
Whoever you may be
I dread at which arms now you rest
And whose lips now you lock.
I wonder how many you have professed love to
After which same you will profess to me
If neither of us finds each other,
How forlorn we will grow in the embrace of the wrong one
For I am your missing rib
Dear Future Hubby,
Quit being a busy bee on a honeyless flower
Engage in something worthwhile
Be it tailoring or any other and fast slip a ring in my ring finger
Water the ground for my coming
I have long from cradle prepared for your coming.
I have been taught to keep clean, to keep home, to keep you.
I have also been taught
To close my Legs for another and open just for you.
Dear Future Hubby;
I am rose but I fear greatly that if you don’t hasten your coming,
Or come as the Christ would come,
I might wither and fade
My ballooned chest will a deflated tyre become
My waist everyone adored, everyone, will overlook
My Rapunzel hair will return a skin’s hair
An old hag I will become
And my father’s wife I will remain
Oh! Dear Future Hubby out there;
Come now the morning dew rests on our skin
As a youth lets play love
Devouring ourselves in the most romantic of ways
Let’s play the love of today
And not tomorrow still play the love of today
Lets at a slow pace take it
Just as the slow sipping of a tasty wine
Hasten your coming
ABOUT THE POET
- Ahaneku Nkeiruka Portable Priscilla is a Nigerian Young Lady who hails from Isu Nwangele LGA of Imo State, Nigeria.
- She was born on 24th September 1998 and She is currently a young graduate from the Department of Philosophy, Imo State University, Owerri.
- Portable loves reading, writing, singing, arguing, and she prefers fairness and justice.
- Miss Portable is highly creative, skillful, and artistic.
- She is an Editor at Machinep.com
- She dislikes mediocrity and injustice.
Portable has written many other interesting and mind-blowing poems;